Rhode Island 2030:
Governor McKee to Hold Community Conversation Focused on Housing
Governor Dan McKee will hold the second Rhode Island 2030 Community Conversation on Thursday, May 13 at 7 p.m. This conversation will be focused on issues related to housing and will be livestreamed on the Governor's Facebook page.
Governor Dan McKee has initiated this series of virtual community conversations in order to discuss Rhode Island's recovery and future — especially given the expected arrival of significant federal stimulus funding.
The conversation will feature remarks from Governor McKee, Lt. Governor Sabina Matos, House Speaker K. Joseph Shekarchi, and Senator Meghan Kallman (D- Pawtucket) followed by a presentation from Robert Dietz, Chief Economist and Senior Vice President for Economics and Housing Policy for the National Association of Home Builders.
Following the presentation there will be a panel discussion moderated by Commerce Secretary Stefan Pryor. The panel will include guests such as:
- Brenda Clement, Director, HousingWorks RI
- Travis Escobar, Founder & Board Chair, Millennial Rhode Island
- Greg Mancini, Executive Director, Build RI
- John Marcantonio, Chief Executive Officer, RI Builders Association
- Sharon Morris, Executive Director, Omni Development Corporation
- Ron Phipps, Principal Broker, Phipps Realty
- Mayor Maria Rivera, Central Falls
- Karen Santilli, President and CEO, Crossroads Rhode Island
*Additional panelists to be announced
The first community conversation was held on May 6. To re-watch the conversation virtually, please visit Governor McKee's Facebook page here or stream the video below.
The conversation featured remarks from Lt. Governor Matos, Senate President Ruggerio, and House Speaker Shekarchi, followed by a presentation from Joseph Zidle, Chief Investment Strategist at the Blackstone Group, and a panel discussion featuring:
- Bruce Van Saun, Chairman and CEO of Citizens Financial
- Martha Wofford, President and CEO of Blue Cross & Blue Shield of R.I.
- Suzy Alba, President, Smithfield Town Council
- Roby Luna, President of Aretec and a member of the URI Board of Trustees
- Larry Warner, Chief Impact and Equity Officer of the United Way of Rhode Island
This was the first in a series of events, and each will touch upon topics affecting the state’s future.
Additional conversations will be announced at a later date. To stay informed on upcoming events, please fill out the sign-up form below.
Sign up for updates!
Sign up to receive emails on upcoming news and events regarding Rhode Island's 2030 conversations.