Rhode Island 2030:
Governor Dan McKee, Lt. Governor Sabina Matos, Secretary of Commerce Stefan Pryor, and Department of Administration Director James Thorsen are pleased to announce the next community conversation, which will be held this Thursday and will be focused on tourism and hospitality.
The Community Conversations are designed to help develop a vision and strategy for a more resilient, prosperous, and equitable Rhode Island.
This conversation will take place on Thursday, June 17 at 5:30 PM on Governor McKee's Facebook page.
Governor McKee has initiated this series of virtual community conversations in order to discuss Rhode Island's recovery and future — especially given the expected arrival of significant federal stimulus funding.
The conversation will feature remarks from Governor McKee and Lt. Governor Matos, followed by a presentation from Adam Sacks, President, Tourism Economics.
Following the presentation, there will be a panel discussion moderated by Commerce Secretary Stefan Pryor. The panel will feature:
- Iftikhar Ahmad, President and CEO at Rhode Island Airport Corporation
- Rep. Lauren H. Carson (D-Dist. 75, Newport)
- Trudy Coxe, CEO and Executive Director, Preservation Society of Newport County
- Brett Johnson, Founder and Partner, Fortuitous Partners
- Bryan Lavin, Associate Professor, International Travel & Tourism Studies, Johnson & Wales University
- Michele Martins, Town of Bristol 4th of July Committee
- Keith Stokes, Vice President, 1696 Heritage Group
The conversation will also include representatives from Governor McKee's administration.
This follows the first three conversations, which were held earlier this year. Replays of past conversations can be found below. Additional conversations will be announced at a later date.
Sign up for updates!
Sign up to receive emails on upcoming news and events regarding Rhode Island's 2030 conversations.